Sunday 3 November 2013

Sleep Transition: Days 5, 6 & 7

Day 5:  The schedule was only slightly off as we started dinner late and such.  I don't realistically think that the timing will be bang on each night, but the actual routine should be followed and done as close to the times as possible.  Both kids were in bed at a decent time, and it was nice to enjoy a few hours of peace before heading to bed ourselves.

Day 6:  We were very much off schedule, but followed the routine and I think it's going well.  Levi learned a nice quiet game of cards with mommy, and we had some quality time.  I think this will need to be our special time every day.  Parker resisted to the point that I just gave in and slept with him.  I know I shouldn't, but I'm going crazy!

Day 7:  Levi and I enjoyed cards again.  I love spending time with him again.  Parker went to bed wonderfully at 9, but when he woke at midnight, he would not go back to his crib.  Again, i had to give in and sleep with him.


The schedule we set up has been working well for our 4 year old.  He's going to bed well and getting up well.  We still have attitude problems, but he is finally averaging about 11 hours of sleep a night.  I'm hoping that after a few more weeks with this routine, he calms down more and rests better.

The schedule works well enough with Parker, also; however, he is still refusing to sleep in his crib.  We're going to give in and try a pacifier with him.  I'm also going to take his mattress out of his crib and put it on the floor.  He notices as soon as I pull him away from my chest and wakes up screaming.  I know this is a difficult transition for him, and I am trying to remain patient, but my lack of sleep has left me bitter in the wee hours of the morning.  My hopes with our new plan is that he can go to sleep much the same as he had been, on a mattress on the floor, but he will be getting used to a new mattress.  I will continue to wake up to feed him, but when he chooses to just suckle, I will pull away and place the pacifier in his mouth instead.

Here's to dreaming of a peaceful sleep soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment