Thursday 31 October 2013

Sleep Transition: Days 3 and 4

Day 3: Parker went to bed easily, but of course I put him down while asleep.  He managed to go quite some time before waking, and when he did wake to eat, I was able to get him back down in his crib again.  The only problem was that Levi had decided to get up and crawl into my spot in bed while I had been feeding Parker.  This made me pretty upset because I then had to wait until Parker woke up again to go back to sleep.  We can't hear him as easily from Levi's room.

Day 4:  Parker fought his crib!  He refused to go down and it was after midnight before I managed to get him peacefully asleep.  Once asleep, he did very well and didn't wake until about 3am.  I was way too tired by this point to bother trying to get him back in his crib, so I gave in and put him in bed with us.

Tonight, probably the dumbest night to start, we plan to start a new sleep regime.  This is how it will go:

5:30 TV Off and Dinner
6:15 Levi has his bath
6:35 Quiet family activity
7:00 Bedtime snack
7:15 Stories for Levi, bath for Parker
7:30 Levi brushes his teeth, Parker has stories
7:45 Lights out for Levi, Nurse Parker
8:15 Brush Parker's teeth
8:30 Lights out for Parker

It is going to be a tough run, but we've decided that we are going to hold to this schedule and make it work.  Once this schedule is in place, I can finally come up with a daily routine that works well for all of us.

1 comment:

  1. Great work sticking to it! The key to great parenting (from what I have read and found myself) is consistency.....keep it up!

    ReplyDelete